Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011: The Year In Facebook Status Updates

I thought my friend Jason's status was so funny, I'm reposting it here:

"I'm so pretentious. I made a quick run to Movie Stop to check their used Blu-Ray discs. Clerk: "Be sure to bring in any used movies you have for store credit." Me: "Sorry, I don't buy crap. Everything I own is crucial." :)"
· January 29, 2011 at 12:09pm


Next month I turn 46. Last night I was carded.
· May 20, 2011 at 8:37am


Just overheard in the bar: "It's crawfish, so it's a good time...it's family night, so you gotta watch what you do."
· June 2, 2011 at 7:18pm


I missed the whole thing. I was out on my lunch break, looking for cards to wish my niece and nephew "good luck" this year at college. Then, when I saw our office building was evacuated, I went to a bar for a beer rather than stand around on the sidewalk.

I believe pretty much everything you might need to know about me can be found in this summation of the last hour or so of my life.
· August 23, 2011 at 3:04pm
(This was after an earthquake hit NYC.)


For once, the only people in my neighborhood actually live here. It's kinda nice.
· August 28, 2011 at 2:58pm
(This was after a hurricane bad enough to merit shutting down the entire subway system hit NYC.)


I'm at a bar (surprise!) and I can't escape the shrill argument raging behind me amongst a group of drunk teachers. It's a political argument that's at the level of just calling people "whores" by those who, I'm trying not to judge, don't know a thing about how the world really works.
I miss the days of teachers like my friend Amy or my Dad who just feel asleep when they got drunk.
I miss my dad.
· September 9, 2011 at 7:15pm


Most creative, effective spam mail subject line, which cause me to click on it even though I knew it was most likely spam:
"Mum killed after garlic bread row"
· September 15, 2011 at 10:52am


Quote of the day: "Do I have ink on my face again?"

It's the "again" that makes me laugh.
· September 23, 2011 at 8:38am

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.