Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012: The Year in Facebook Status Updates


Looking at the Mississippi, drinking an IPA.
Happy.
December 4, 2012 

Last night I saw a white drag queen and a sassy black girl bond over eye liner.
If I saw it in a movie I think "how cliche." But here I think "well, of course."
December 3, 2012

Creepiest autocorrect ever:
I typed "gun" and it changed it to "gynecology."
I'm still creeped out by it.
November 17, 2012

"I find myself moved to support things which I did not think would be necessary to support at all in the past. Like seriousness, for instance."
- Susan Sontag
October 25, 2012


Today's quote, courtesy of Jacqueline Balfour:
"The little devil on your shoulder has an Irish accent."
October 11, 2012

"Nevertheless, Florentino Ariza discovered the resemblance many years later, as he was combing his hair in front of the mirror, and only then did he understand that a man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father."
--Gabriel Garcia Marquez, "Love in the Time of Cholera"
September 30, 2012

"For Glory, For John. And message ended."
A rather poetic, although inaccurate, transcription of a voicemail message at work.
July 9, 2012

The company where I work had a very successful day today and the mood around the office was one of restrained, cautious glee. Yet I was melancholy all day because of what happened on last night's "Mad Men."
I am an idiot.
June 4, 2012

Facebook's "People You May Know" should be renamed "People You Probably Hate."
May 31, 2012

Just overheard at the bar:
"I'm a reasonably respected and competent criminologist. I am a lawyer but I'm more of a scientist now."
"It's up to you to change America."
"Well, I'm doing my best, Simon."
April 24, 2012

Just overheard at the bar: "He's a snake in bear's clothing."
February 3, 2012


No comments: