Saturday, February 28, 2015

40 Days of Lent: Day Eleven

I'm listening to Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites performed by Yo Yo Ma. Ma recorded them twice. I'm listening to the first recording and I can say without hyperbole that it is one of my favorite pieces of music, if not the favorite.
I just found my copy of the cd after not being able to find it for a couple of years. My apartment isn't messy per se, but my books, dvds and most of my cds are not in any real order. Every so often, I would search throughout the apartment, look at every shelf slowly, rummage carefully through my piles of cds in search of this album.
Yesterday was not a great day and I was carrying the residual stress this morning, which meant fruitlessly arguing with people in my head. On my way to my computer, I looked at a shelf that I've looked at a thousand times over the last few years...and there was my Bach cd. It's like a little zen parable: you'll find something when you need it but not before. Perhaps the invisible gremlins I live with or my sentient apartment recognized I needed a pick me up and decided to return the cd. Whatever happened, I am happy right now. I could listen to these pieces forever and never tire of them.

No comments: