Saturday, February 21, 2015

40 Days of Lent: Day Four

Some of my recent postings on Facebook that deserve a permanent home here:

My boss is planning on going on a tour of old homes in the UK this spring. The tour is being organized by a gentleman whose last name is Savage. 
I've been taking great pleasure in writing memos and creating calendar items with subjects like “Savage Tour of British Houses” and “Trip to England with the Savages.”

------------------------

I guess it's time for a trip to the optometrist, perhaps a new pair of reading glasses. Tonight I read the passage "just before I left for Boston, he asked me to contact him on my return" as "just before I left for Boston, he asked me to contact him on my rectum." 
Yeah, sorta changes the meaning of the sentence.

------------------------

For the past couple of months, I've been meeting a group of people on Tuesday nights to play movie trivia at a bar. Yesterday, a number of us went to see "Paddington" with one of our group bringing his wife and their young daughter. It was the first time she had been to a movie theater. 
I'd like to think when she gets older and someone asks her what was the first movie she saw in a theater, she'll say "Paddington. I saw it with my mommy and daddy...and eight of daddy's friends."

------------------------

I'm one of the few people at work this afternoon and I notice that we don't have any water on our floor. Not from our faucet in the kitchen, not in the toilets in the bathroom. Yuck.
So I head downstairs to ask the maintenance man if the building has shut off the water prematurely for the holiday. He tells me no - there is water on some of the lower floors but with barely any pressure. The problem isn't within our building but outside. Perhaps the water has been decreased by the city, or as he puts it in his thick eastern European accent, "the State."

------------------------

I was all set to leave work for the day but then Pandora began playing "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen. 
So it looks like I'm here for a few more minutes at least. 
It reminds me of when I was a kid and my father would drive my sister and I to school. If there was a song playing on the radio that we liked when we arrived at school, we would sit in the car with the engine running and radio playing until the song was over.

------------------------

This is today's weather forecast on Yahoo.  Should I be worried?  How do I dress for this?




No comments: