Saturday, April 08, 2006

40 Days of Lent - Day Thirty-Nine

Uh-oh, I Think I'm Getting Stigmata

No joke. Consider the undoctored photo of my left foot, taken just hours ago...

(a close up)

I have a feeling this was caused by my Lenten postings, and has nothing to do with the fact that I was moving furniture this morning and had a tendency to set my cd shelves on my foot. In all honesty, I should point out that that is not a halo around my foot, but the reflection of the camera's flash.

Speaking of undoctored photos, the following is of a highway sign on the Williamsburg bridge. It made me laugh.


Today's reading fom the Faithful Words Promise Box:
They that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
- Daniel 12:3

5 comments:

Carol said...

Mmm, nothing like rotting flesh to get me ready for a nice dinner. And I thought for sure you were going to talk about the Judas Gospel.

kate said...

your toes are oddly geometrical.

and i was going to say, watch for the splinters in that floor, but i forgot-- YOUR floors are all shiny and pretty!

Anonymous said...

It's just Jesus' way of thanking you for a great afternoon out the other day. Had you taken him to CBGB's afterwards, you may have been rewarded with a full set of stigmata.

the hanged man said...

C - I don't think my stigmata qualifies as rotting flesh, exactly...

I just found out about the Judas gospel, although I had read about an early Christian sect that tried to reform the image of Judas ("God loved him because he had to do the dirty work"). The early Christian Church was pretty quick to squash that line of thinking as heresy...

K - What did you say? I got distracted by my beautiful shiny hardwood floors...

J - One thing I discovered from hanging out with JC the other day: you know that whole "Put your finger in my side" routine? It turns out it's His version of "pull my finger."

Anonymous said...

Well, given that Jesus was a guy, and guys just can't get over their fascination with belching and farting...