Sunday, February 21, 2016

Forty Days of Lent: Day Twelve

Last night I dreamed I was with my family at some house.  The feeling in the dream was that it was early evening, the quiet time after some social gathering when the food was put away and the majority of dishes had been cleared and cleaned.  We were all gathered in the tv room and someone (I don't recall who) was insistent that we watch Pier Paolo Pasolini's film "Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom."

In the dream (as in real life) I kept trying to explain to my family that Salo is not a film that they would want to watch.  The movie basically consists of four of the town elders kidnapping and raping and torturing a group of teenagers during the final months of WWII.  Yet I couldn't convince my family to watch something else.  They kept insisting that they would watch the movie until it got really bad and then stop.  I couldn't convince them otherwise.

I have no idea why I dreamed this.


2 comments:

Jeffrey Goodman said...

It's really amazing when you substitute Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon for the original soundtrack and score of Salo......You may be reminded of The Wizard Of Oz and that has a history of family viewing....obviously that's why you dreamt it!!! You can trust me on this. I'm your friend....I'm not like the others.....

Pops Gustav said...

So, you gave up posting on your Blog for the rest of lent, and the year?