Monday, March 12, 2012

40 Days of Lent: Day Twenty

Well, on the plus side, I don't know of anyone who died today (and boy is writing that tempting fate) although it seems my email is down: I haven't gotten a message since mid afternoon. Usually my spam alone lets me know the system is working. Just as well. I don't know if it is a holdover from this weekend but I'm in a less than great mood though I'm not sure why. I don't really feel like posting anything, hence one of those writing exercises about not having anything to write.

I suspect I might be one of the few people who looks forward to winter and feels melancholy at the coming of spring and then summer. I suspect it is because I like the quiet of winter and dislike, and to a certain degree don't understand the noise of the warmer months. Okay, it's nice out, but why does that inspire you to play your crappy music louder? Perhaps if I lived in a quieter neighborhood I would welcome the warmer temperatures, but since 2000 I've lived on noisy streets. Perhaps I'm getting tired of the city.

I promise something better tomorrow, which aren't bad words to live by.

4 comments:

Pops Gustav said...

It's hard to explain to most people how the coming of Spring can bring a severe bout of anxiety and depression, but it happens to me every year. Trying to traverse the seemingly endless exclamations of joy over the "beautiful weather!" without screaming is rough.

This year, with the utter lack of any kind of true winter, it's even worse.

Sigh.

Erin said...

I live in a somewhat quiet neighborhood, and I don't like Spring or Summer, either. Actually, I hate Summer.

Honestly, I think it's because, in the Summer people expect you to be more social. "Come to this party! Let's drive to this place! Let's sit outside!" Ugh. I'd rather sit in my apartment with the air conditioning on so I'm not sweating to death.

Iva said...

Oh, I fear that I am the "gene donor" person responsible for the anti-summer feeling. I don't mind spring and I love the extended hours of light, but I DON'T like summer and never have. Autumn is my favorite season and I don't apologize for that!
Mom

the hanged man said...

It's nice to see my fellow warm season haters out in force. Nice to know I'm not alone. On the bright side, in six months it will be September.